It Takes Friends to Save a Bay
Friends of the Bay Membership Program
In 1987, Friends of the Bay was founded on the community’s desire to protect and preserve the Oyster Bay/Cold Spring Harbor Estuary. Since then, Friends of Bay has grown into an effective community organization focused on the idea that the more people who know what it takes to have a clean and healthy Bay, the closer we will be to our goal.
More people than ever are able to swim, fish, boat and enjoy the oysters harvested from the clean waters of the Oyster Bay/Cold Spring Harbor estuary. This is possible due to the support of members who all want the same thing – a clean and healthy bay.
Our members help us continue our mission by:
- Counting themselves as active supporters of Friends of the Bay’s positions as we watch over the activities and programs of our government and fellow citizens;
- Providing vital financial support of water quality monitoring and community programs that increase the public’s environmental awareness and knowledge of important Bay issues;
- Supporting community projects that protect and restore the Bay’s vital habitats.
Other Benefits of Membership:
- Subscription to Friends of the Bay’s Currents newsletter
- Invitations to special members-only events
- Friends of the Bay sticker to show your support
- Opportunities to receive email action alerts and updates
- Members joining at $100 and up receive a Friends of the Bay tote bag